We are currently fully enrolled for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
We strongly encourage families to attend our Open House on December 12, 2018 and/or a tour to determine if Brooklyn Free Space is the right preschool for your child and family. The environment, educational approach, staff and school culture should all be considered in this decision making process. To sign up to receive news about admissions, click here.
Current students and siblings of current or former students receive priority for open slots, before the general lottery. All new families will be selected by lottery. To be included in our initial lottery for the 2019-2020 school year, families must submit their online application and $60 application fee by Friday, January 25, 2019. Applications submitted after this date will be added to the end of our waitlist in the order they are received.
- Open House: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 / 7pm
- School Tours: Tuesdays -Fridays, January 7 - 25
- Application: Click here (application for the 2019-2020 school year will be available Thursday, December 13,2018)
- Application Fee: $60 Fee waived for pre-k applicants. Please note that the application fee is not refundable. Pay using PayPal or by check made out to "Brooklyn Free Space". This fee must be submitted with application - please enter your child's name in the memo field.
- Open House: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 7 pm
- Application & School Tour sign up available: Thursday, December 13
- School Tours: Monday-Thursday, January 7 - 25
- Application due for initial lottery: Friday, January 25, 2018
- Initial lottery acceptances sent: Friday, February 1, 2018
Pre-K For All
BFS has a contract with the Department of Education (DOE) Pre-K for All to provide free full day pre-k to eligible children and families children born in 2015 for the 2019-2020 school year. To apply, families must complete the DOE citywide online application. Please visit their site for more information. In addition, we ask that all pre-k eligible families, including returning families, let us know of their interest by submitting the BFS online application (fee is waived).
Please note, the cooperative asks Pre-K families to make a tax deductible donation to help cover operating costs, which are not fully met by the Department of Education's grant.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Families selected during our initial lottery are notified via email of their acceptance by Friday, February 1, 2019. To accept the admission offer and secure a place, families must:
- Return a signed Statement of Agreement
- Submit your first deposit, which will be applied to the January 2020 tuition
- A copy of your child's birth certificate
- Submit your 2nd deposit in June, which will be applied to the June 2020 tuition