We are currently fully enrolled for the 2018 - 2019 school year. All applications received after Friday, January 25 will be added to our waitlist.
We strongly encourage families to attend our Open House on December 12, 2018, which is an excellent opportunity to talk with teachers and current parents, and/or a tour during the school day to determine if Brooklyn Free Space is the right preschool for your child and family. The environment, educational approach, staff and school culture should all be considered in this decision making process. To sign up to receive news about admissions, click here.
Current students and siblings of current or former students receive priority for open slots, before the general lottery. All new families are selected by lottery. To be included in the initial lottery for the 2019 - 2020 school year, families must submit an online application and $60 application fee by Friday, January 25, 2019. Applications submitted after this date are added to the end of our waitlist in the order they are received.
- Open House: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 7 pm, Find out more!
- School Tours: Tuesdays-Fridays, January 7-25, 2019 Sign up here!
- Application: Click here (application for the 2019 - 2020 school year becomes available on Thursday, December 13, 2018)
- Application Fee: $60 Fee waived for pre-k applicants. For all others, fee is non-refundable and must be submitted with application. Pay using PayPal or by check made out to "Brooklyn Free Space". This fee must be submitted with application - please enter your child's name in the memo field so that we can match the payment properly.
- Open House: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 7 pm
- Application & School Tour sign up available: Thursday, December 13, 2018
- School Tours: Tuesdays-Fridays, January 7-25, 2019
- Application due for initial lottery: Friday, January 25, 2019
- Initial lottery acceptances sent: Friday, February 1, 2019
Pre-K for All
BFS has a contract with the Department of Education (DOE) Pre-K for All to provide free full day pre-k to eligible children and families children born in 2015 for the 2019 - 2020 school year. To apply, families must complete the DOE citywide online application. Please visit their site for more information. In addition, we ask that all pre-k eligible families, including returning families, let us know of their interest by submitting the standard BFS online application (fee is waived).
Please note, the cooperative asks pre-k families to make a tax-deductible donation to help cover operating costs, which are not fully met by the Department of Education's grant.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Families selected during our initial lottery are notified via email of their acceptance by Friday, February 1, 2019. To accept the admission offer and secure a place, families must:
- Return a signed Membership Agreement
- Pay a Membership Fee of $600. Due at time of registration with Deposit. Refundable, upon request, the October after your child has left the school, provided you have no outstanding balance.
- Pay a Registration Deposit: $1980 (full day) $1380 (half Day). This fee is non-refundable and will be applied to your June tuition, provided you have no outstanding balance at the end of the school year.
- Provide a copy the child's birth certificate
- Pay First Month's Tuition: $1980 (full day) $1380 (half day). Due by Friday, June 14, along with your Materials Fee.